Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

The end of the year is always a time for reflection on the year that has passed. Ours has been an eventful one again but hopefully our lives have settled down now. Having FINALLY agreed the terms of my divorce in January, it still took a further eight months to get everything sorted and we able to move into our own little house at the end of August - almost 3 years to the day after we left.

A year ago I was still getting over the heartache of breaking up with someone  I thought I was madly in love with. We were still having contact and continued to talk to each other every week or so, until I decided three months ago that it had to stop. And the longer I have no contact with him now, the more I start to think that my time with him was a mistake.
Although we shouldn't ever have regrets should we?

Sometimes people come into our lives for a reason and meeting him gave me the courage to leave my husband in a loveless marriage. While we were together, he encouraged and supported me to realise my dream of opening my own shop. With hindsight, it was the wrong time and the wrong place and I guess I should have listened to my parents as they were right, but if I hadn't have done it I would have always wondered "what if" and that's no way to live your life.
And I think those are the only positives I can take from my time with him

Love truly is blind.

So I start 2012 happier in my life; I have my own home and a job that I enjoy and that I can fit in with running my own business and all the commitments of being a single parent.
I guess all that is missing is someone to share it with but having been hurt so badly, its hard to know if I will ever be able to trust and love again at the moment. I don't mind being single most of the time. I think its when you experience the highs and lows of life that you wish you had someone to enjoy the good times with or who can provide support when times are hard.

So apart from my usual new year's resolutions of losing weight and being more productive in my quilting life, I guess I have to decide whether to be proactive in looking for someone by maybe joining a dating site or be content with what I have and enjoy living my life...........

 

1 comment:

  1. i wisch you al the best and in time a new love wil come along, when you are redy!

    ReplyDelete