Sunday 23 September 2012

Happy happy!

I did some hand applique last night for the first time in ages. And it was so lovely I can't wait to get back to it this morning.
Its something I planned and first started years ago. It's been so long since I worked on this project, that I can't remember how long it has been! It must be at least two years if not more......
It all started possibly five years ago or more when I went to Hever Castle for the annual Quilters' Guild region's exhibition that is held there about this time of year. In one of the gardens there was a beautiful display of dahlias; so many colours and shapes. I was inspired! So I took lots of photos.

I then bought some of Heidi Stoll-Weber's wonderful dyed cotton sateens and my quilt design was born.

Working on my first block again last night, I fell in love with these fabrics all over again. They are so lovely to work with.

So here are a couple of pics of what I have done so far



For some reason Blogger has decided to rotate the second image!
It will go to a reddy pink in the centre with some yellow/orange detail on top.

Well that's the plan!

And right now I want to get back to it...............
 

No comments:

Post a Comment