Monday 2 January 2017

2016 - The View from My Sewing Room

As each year draws to a close, it's traditional to look back to see what you have achieved in the year. So my first review of the year is from my sewing room and what I've managed to create in 2016.

Looking back through the photos on my phone, I'm quite amazed to see that I finished FIVE quilts last year! That's actually quite productive for me! And to some extent I might have made a few more but I've been distracted this year by a couple of quilt-alongs. More about those in another post. Let's focus on the finished quilts!

First finishes were the Ombre Geese and Ombre Chevron quilts.


Ombre Geese


Ombre Chevron

Both these quilts were made using ombre prints from the Enchanted Pines collection designed by McKenna Ryan for Robert Kaufman. In fact, the Chevron quilt is made from the leftovers of the Geese quilt, so it's a twofer!

My next finish was a quilt using the Eden collection of fabrics from Tula Pink. I really love some of the prints in this collection.




Shortly followed by my Ombre Squares quilt using Ombre fabrics from V&Co from Moda. I think this is one of my fave quilts ever.



And the last finish was a quick little quilt I made using the latest Very Hungry Caterpillar fabrics from Makower. This one is going in the Feb issue of P&Q, so no pic for now...

As usual, I had lots of WIP quilts where I try out a design idea, usually until I get bored. The first one is called the Economy Plus Quilt. I made a load of Economy blocks using the Nature Trail collection from Dashwood Studio together with one of their basic prints, Flurry and have added some Plus blocks in the sashing. I think I'll remake this as a scrap quilt.



I'm also working on a medallion style quilt using the China Red and China Blue fabrics from Dutch Heritage as well as another quilt using the V&Co Ombres. I'll share those at a later date once they are more complete.

So 2017. I definitely need to keep this productivity going. Less time on social media equals more time being creative and productive. That's my New Year's resolution!

Joanna









No comments:

Post a Comment